Congratulations! You have decided to list your home for sale! This is a very exciting time for you and your family. Working with a professional Real Estate agent can ensure the process is smooth, efficient and profitable. Your Real Estate agent will walk you through the process from the moment you decide to list through to the sale and closing.
To prepare your home for sale, it is best to take a fresh look - objectively. Try to see your home how a potential buyer would as they pull in the driveway or walk in the front door. Examine and evaluate! Your attention to detail now ensures the best first impression possible.
Please find below a small list of suggestions on where to start for the interior of your home.
Clean and/or Replace as Required:
- Light switch covers
- Light bulbs
- Front door
- Interior doors and door knobs
- A/C - Heat vents
Clean and/or Dust as Required:
- Walls, ceilings
- Blinds, shades, window coverings
- Baseboards and trim
- Ceiling fans
Create a Fresh Start:
- Remove any furniture that is not used/essential
- Remove knick-knacks, thingamajigs, and do-dads for a spacious and uncluttered look.
- Remove family photos. This helps the potential buyer see their family in the home easier.
- Arrange furniture for maximum open and usable space
- Avoid scented candles, sprays, plug in air fresheners. A fresh, clean smell is what is most appealing.
Be sure to watch for our next blog post! We go room by room with helpful hints and little suggestions to help you prepare for listing and showing your home!